Stop Loss Insurance
Premier is one of the leading stop loss insurance consultants in the country. We partner with national stop loss carriers who produce highly competitive rates for our clients and manage over $14 million in stop loss premiums, allowing us to negotiate competitive "reinsurance" protection.
What is Stop Loss insurance?
Stop Loss insurance (also known as excess insurance or reinsurance) is purchased to protect the self-funded health plan from high claims by putting a ceiling on financial risk. This provides protection against catastrophic or unpredictable losses. It is purchased by employers who have decided to self-fund their employees benefit plans, but do not want to assume 100% of the liability for losses arising from the plans. Under a Stop Loss policy the insurance company becomes liable for losses that exceed certain limits called deductibles.
Stop loss insurance is available in two forms for employers, with a number of variations for each product:
Specific (Individual) Stop Loss protects the employer against large claims for any individual during a policy year. This is a way to shield against the threat of "shock loss" by limiting claim liability with respect to any one Plan participant. It provides prompt reimbursement if claims exceed a specified per participant deductible amount.
Aggregate Stop Loss protects the employer against having excess claims utilization for the entire group. When the annual claim limit for all participants exceeds a pre-determined level, aggregate Stop Loss reimburses the self-funded employer for all claims exceeding that level during the agreement year.
Additional stop loss options:
- Aggregating Specific provides a means for employers to reduce stop loss premiums by assuming more risk.
- Specific and Aggregate Terminal Liability extends stop loss insurance for an additional three (3) months following the termination of a policy.
- Advance Funding pays catastrophic claims once the specific deductible is met. Eliminates the employer’s need to fund high cost claims and wait for reimbursement.
- Non-Laser Provision limits the liability to an employer due to a catastrophic illness.
Why use Premier to market stop loss?
Premier is among the best consultants for stop loss insurance throughout NY and the United States.
- We leverage our loss ratio to get preferred stop loss rates
- Cost management combined with our proprietary data analytical tool is recognized by national Stop Loss carriers as an advantage in prompt notification of and engagement in the management of potential high risk clients
- We are experts in assessing risk tolerance and can provide risk analysis
Click here to contact us for a stop loss quote.